As the temperatures start to drop, you may be getting ready to skip town for the winter.
If you’re a snow bird like many Midwesterners, be aware of the risks that come with traveling. Here are a few tips to help keep your finances and identity secure so you can enjoy your time away:
- Call Starion ahead of time to let us know you’re leaving. Letting us know where, when and how long you’re travelling to avoid having your accounts frozen.
- Sign up for eStatements. Many identity thieves get access to account information by stealing mail, such as bank statements which have your account number. Avoid this by viewing your statements electronically.
- Set up Online and Mobile Banking before you leave, allowing you to monitor your finances and pay bills quickly and easily from anywhere.
- Consider setting up Bill Pay for your regular bills to avoid the hassle of writing checks and mailing them on time.
- When paying with your Starion debit MasterCard®, choose the debit option rather than credit. Entering your PIN number is a more secure option than signing.
- Always bring a backup form of payment, such as a credit card.
- Review your travel insurance.
No one wants to spend their time dealing with financial complications. By properly preparing ahead of time, you can help protect your finances and identity
so your time away can be fun and relaxing!