Community outreach and environmental initiatives are key parts of our mission.
From the day we opened in 1969, Starion Bank has been committed to supporting local communities. This philosophy has continued to guide us in everything we do, and has played a major role in turning us into a super-community bank. Specifically, we provide monetary and volunteer support to groups and causes that share our commitment to making the cities and towns we serve strong and vibrant.
- Starion has donated millions of dollars to charities and local organizations in North Dakota and Wisconsin.
- Arts organizations, athletic programs and hunger-relief efforts are examples of groups and causes that have received our support.
- We also support education of our young people through college scholarships.
- In 2019, to celebrate our 50th anniversary, we gave each employee $500 to donate to a charity of their choice. This money went to everything from supporting troops to disease research to animal welfare.
- Our employees also make an impact through their volunteer work. During our 50th anniversary year, they each go two paid days off to devote to a non-profit or charitable group.
Being a good community member means being a good steward of the planet. Starion Bank's corporate philosophy includes a number of eco-friendly initiatives aimed as saving energy, water and other resources.
- Native grasses: At Starion locations, we’ve moved away from regular lawns and toward landscaping with native prairie grasses and flowers adapted to our climate and soil. This approach requires less water to maintain, provides increased animal habitats and adds beauty for building occupants to enjoy.
- Reducing energy use: All our locations have a focus on energy conservation. We use automatic lights that conserve energy by shutting off when employees aren’t present, and we install geothermal heating and cooling systems in our new construction.
- Living roof: Our Fargo Urban Plains office has one of the first living roofs in the Fargo-Moorhead region. This 3,000-square-foot roof uses soil and vegetation to insulate and reduce energy usage up to 20%. It also absorbs greenhouse gasses and lowers flood risk by reducing storm water discharge into sewers.
- Solar array: We're the largest investor in the Cass County Electric Cooperative Prairie Sun Community Solar, North Dakota’s first active community solar garden, located in Fargo. We've also installed - or plan to install - solar panel arrays at our Bismarck North, Bismarck Main, Middleton, Mandan and Rolla locations. The solar panels provide up to 50% of each buildings’ power per year. And in Bismarck, we are able to sell back unused power to the electrical grid.
Involving Our Customers
At Starion Bank, we have introduced many products and services that are more convenient for you and are more eco-friendly.
- Our free eStatements are a secure option that allows customers to receive electronic account statements rather than paper statements.
- You can further reduce paper waste by choosing to pay bills through Mobile and Online Banking with Bill Pay, or sending and receiving money through Zelle.
- Additionally, we offer online mortgage applications and online account opening allowing customers to get prequalified for a mortgage or open a checking account in the comfort of their own home.
Read All About Us
To learn much more about Starion's mission, values, initiatives and community outreach, take a few minutes to look through our annual report.
Starion Bank is a full-service financial institution with branches in North Dakota and Wisconsin.