We're here to help protect you and want to provide you with the information and resources you need to help further protect yourself.
Don't give personal information over the phone, through the mail, or on the internet unless you know who you're dealing with, and preferably only if you've initiated the contact.
Never give out your Social Security Number, driver license number or date of birth. If you must share personal information, confirm that you are dealing with a legitimate organization.
If you receive an email asking for personal information, do not hit the reply button or click on any link in the email. Instead, go directly to the sender's website by typing in its web address.
If you believe you are the victim of identity theft here are some steps you should complete:
- Contact your Financial Institution Immediately
- Contact Credit Reporting Agencies to place Fraud Alerts on your account
- Ask each of the agencies to provide you a free copy of your credit report
- Review for accounts that were opened in your name, but not by you.
- Equifax 1-800-525-6285
- Experian 1-888-397-3742
- TransUnion 1-800-680-7289
- You may want to consider placing a 'Credit Freeze' on your accounts
- File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at www.ftc.gov/complaint. You will get a copy of a form called 'Identity Theft Affidavit'. This will assist in dealing with businesses and creditors who opened accounts in your name.
- File a police report
- Consider closing your credit card accounts
- Change your computer passwords
- Contact the state transportation department to determine if a new driver's license/ID was issued in your name
For assistance in handling an identity theft situation, please stop into one of the Starion Bank branches and visit with a banker or visit www.identitytheft.gov
for more information.
Stay up-to-date on latest scams by signing up for alerts at:
Federal Trade Commission Scam Alert www.consumer.ftc.gov/scam-alerts
Better Business Bureau Scam Alert www.bbb.org/council
Disclaimer of Legal, Tax, and/or Financial Advice
Starion Bank awards scholarships
Starion Bank has awarded scholarships to Seth Baumann, Faith Wahl, Makenzie Wertz and Ethan Zetocha. The scholarship was open to children of Starion employees who will be attending a college, university, community college or technical school for the 2019-2020 school year. Each student will receive $500 toward their higher education pursuits.
Tue. May 21 4:05 PM
Starion Bank awards FFA scholarship
Erich Scheffert, a senior at Oakes High School, was awarded the Starion Bank FFA scholarship at the FFA banquet on April 14. Anthony Bruhn, Starion business banking officer in Oakes, presented the award.
Fri. Apr 26 4:04 PM
Starion Insurance promotes English
Starion Insurance has promoted Lyneé English to insurance agent in Oakes.
English joined Starion in 2017 as an insurance sales assistant and has proven to be a valuable asset and partner to both Starion Insurance and Starion Bank clients. In her new role, English will work with customers to find the best insurance options for their individual needs. She is licensed in property and casualty, and will have licensing in life and health this spring.
Tue. Apr 23 10:04 AM
More News >>