We're here to help protect you and want to provide you with the information and resources you need to help further protect yourself.
Don't give personal information over the phone, through the mail, or on the internet unless you know who you're dealing with, and preferably only if you've initiated the contact.
Never give out your Social Security Number, driver license number or date of birth. If you must share personal information, confirm that you are dealing with a legitimate organization.
If you receive an email asking for personal information, do not hit the reply button or click on any link in the email. Instead, go directly to the sender's website by typing in its web address.
If you believe you are the victim of identity theft here are some steps you should complete:
- Contact your Financial Institution Immediately
- Contact Credit Reporting Agencies to place Fraud Alerts on your account
- Ask each of the agencies to provide you a free copy of your credit report
- Review for accounts that were opened in your name, but not by you.
- Equifax 1-800-525-6285
- Experian 1-888-397-3742
- TransUnion 1-800-680-7289
- You may want to consider placing a 'Credit Freeze' on your accounts
- File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at www.ftc.gov/complaint. You will get a copy of a form called 'Identity Theft Affidavit'. This will assist in dealing with businesses and creditors who opened accounts in your name.
- File a police report
- Consider closing your credit card accounts
- Change your computer passwords
- Contact the state transportation department to determine if a new driver's license/ID was issued in your name
For assistance in handling an identity theft situation, please stop into one of the Starion Bank branches and visit with a banker or visit www.identitytheft.gov
for more information.
Stay up-to-date on latest scams by signing up for alerts at:
Federal Trade Commission Scam Alert www.consumer.ftc.gov
Better Business Bureau Scam Alert www.bbb.org
Disclaimer of Legal, Tax, and/or Financial Advice
Starion Bank names Morgan president
Starion Bank has named Don Morgan president, with Craig Larson continuing in the roles of CEO and chairman of the board for the bank. As president, Morgan manages the day-to-day operations of the bank, while Larson focuses on the overall strategy and vision for Starion Bank.
Thu. Jan 02 4:01 PM
Starion Bank promotes in credit, finance
Starion Bank recently promoted members of its credit and finance teams.
Fri. Dec 27 12:12 PM
Starion Bank donates to Cops for Kids
During the month of November, 20 men at Starion Bank in Bismarck and Mandan ditched their razors for a good cause.
Thu. Dec 19 12:12 PM
More News >>