We're here to help protect you and want to provide you with the information and resources you need to help further protect yourself.
Don't give personal information over the phone, through the mail, or on the internet unless you know who you're dealing with, and preferably only if you've initiated the contact.
Never give out your Social Security Number, driver license number or date of birth. If you must share personal information, confirm that you are dealing with a legitimate organization.
If you receive an email asking for personal information, do not hit the reply button or click on any link in the email. Instead, go directly to the sender's website by typing in its web address.
If you believe you are the victim of identity theft here are some steps you should complete:
- Contact your Financial Institution Immediately
- Contact Credit Reporting Agencies to place Fraud Alerts on your account
- Ask each of the agencies to provide you a free copy of your credit report
- Review for accounts that were opened in your name, but not by you.
- Equifax 1-800-525-6285
- Experian 1-888-397-3742
- TransUnion 1-800-680-7289
- You may want to consider placing a 'Credit Freeze' on your accounts
- File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at www.ftc.gov/complaint. You will get a copy of a form called 'Identity Theft Affidavit'. This will assist in dealing with businesses and creditors who opened accounts in your name.
- File a police report
- Consider closing your credit card accounts
- Change your computer passwords
- Contact the state transportation department to determine if a new driver's license/ID was issued in your name
For assistance in handling an identity theft situation, please stop into one of the Starion Bank branches and visit with a banker or visit www.identitytheft.gov
for more information.
Stay up-to-date on latest scams by signing up for alerts at:
Federal Trade Commission Scam Alert www.consumer.ftc.gov/scam-alerts
Better Business Bureau Scam Alert www.bbb.org/council
Disclaimer of Legal, Tax, and/or Financial Advice
Starion Bank hires Aberle as intern
Gabe Aberle is working as a business banking intern at Starion Bank in Mandan. During the internship, he assists the business banking team with annual agricultural loan renewals and special projects. He will be with Starion through mid-May. Aberle is pursuing a Bachelor of Business Administration in finance through Dickinson State University at Bismarck State College. A graduate of St. Mary’s Central High School, he is the son of Ron and Dawn Aberle and grew up working on the family farm near Menoken.
Tue. Mar 12 1:03 PM
Starion Bank celebrates 50th anniversary with donations, volunteering
At Starion Bank, giving back to the community has always been a core value. In 2019, the bank is celebrating 50 years of Larson family ownership and, as part of the anniversary, the bank is donating $500 to the charity of choice for each employee. To date, 54 donations have been given.
Fri. Mar 01 4:03 PM
Starion Bank donates $20,000 to ND communities
Starion Bank has made a $20,000 donation to five different communities in North Dakota.
Fri. Feb 22 9:02 PM
More News >>