Returning to our roots
Being a good member of the community includes being cognizant of the effects we are having on the planet. The integration of sustainability principles is part of the Starion Bank corporate philosophy. We are working toward a more sustainable, eco-friendly future with a number of initiatives to save energy, water and money. We're accomplishing this mission in several ways.
Native grasses project
We’ve been changing from regular lawns to landscaping that includes native prairie grasses and flowers adapted to our climate and soil. This approach requires less irrigation and resources to maintain, while providing increased plant and animal habitat. It also adds beauty to the area around the offices, a major amenity for building occupants. And besides helping us be a greener company, it reminds us of our heritage.
Saving paper and reducing energy costs
In addition to the native prairie grasses, all Starion branches have a focus on energy conservation. We use automatic lights that conserve energy by shutting off when employees aren’t present, and we install geothermal heating and cooling systems in our new construction.
Starion’s Fargo Urban Plains office has one of the first living roofs in the Fargo-Moorhead region. This 3,000-square-foot roof uses soil and vegetation to insulate and reduce energy usage up to 20%, and:
- Reduces the amount of storm water discharged into storm sewers, lowering flood risks
- Absorbs pollutants, including greenhouse gases
- Reduces the “heat island” effect, where concrete and other heat-absorbing materials can increase temperatures
How can you get involved?
At Starion Bank, we have introduced many products and services that are more convenient for you and are more eco-friendly.
- Our free eStatements are a secure option that allows customers to receive electronic account statements rather than paper statements.
- You can further reduce paper waste by choosing to pay bills through Mobile and Online Banking with Bill Pay, or sending and receiving money through Popmoney.
- Additionally, we offer online mortgage applications, allowing customers to get prequalified in the comfort of their own home.
Starion Bank celebrates new branch with ribbon cutting, free lunch
On Tuesday, June 20, the public is invited to join Starion Bank to celebrate its new Sun Prairie branch at 350 South Grand Avenue.
Fri. Jun 09 9:06 PM
Starion Bank receives highest rating from BauerFinancial
Starion Bank has received a five star “superior” rating from BauerFinancial, the nation’s leading independent bank and credit union rating firm.
Wed. May 31 9:05 PM
Starion Bank awards scholarships
Starion Bank awarded $1,000 in scholarships to area high school seniors. This year’s recipients are Amanda Maddock, Shelby Roney, Hannah Scheffert and Makenzie Wertz.
Tue. May 30 2:05 PM
Starion Bank announces Kindness Cash winners
On April 28, international Pay it Forward Day, Starion Bank employees across North Dakota placed more than 600 “Kindness Cash” wallets with $20 cash and instructions asking those who found the wallets to use the money to pay it forward.
Fri. May 26 8:05 PM
More News >>