Returning to our roots
Being a good member of the community includes being cognizant of the effects we are having on the planet. The integration of sustainability principles is part of the Starion Bank corporate philosophy. We are working toward a more sustainable, eco-friendly future with a number of initiatives to save energy, water and money. We're accomplishing this mission in several ways.
Native grasses project
We’ve been changing from regular lawns to landscaping that includes native prairie grasses and flowers adapted to our climate and soil. This approach requires less irrigation and resources to maintain, while providing increased plant and animal habitat. It also adds beauty to the area around the offices, a major amenity for building occupants. And besides helping us be a greener company, it reminds us of our heritage.
Saving paper and reducing energy costs
In addition to the native prairie grasses, all Starion branches have a focus on energy conservation. We use automatic lights that conserve energy by shutting off when employees aren’t present, and we install geothermal heating and cooling systems in our new construction.
Starion’s Fargo Urban Plains office has one of the first living roofs in the Fargo-Moorhead region. This 3,000-square-foot roof uses soil and vegetation to insulate and reduce energy usage up to 20%, and:
- Reduces the amount of storm water discharged into storm sewers, lowering flood risks
- Absorbs pollutants, including greenhouse gases
- Reduces the “heat island” effect, where concrete and other heat-absorbing materials can increase temperatures
How can you get involved?
At Starion Bank, we have introduced many products and services that are more convenient for you and are more eco-friendly.
- Our free eStatements are a secure option that allows customers to receive electronic account statements rather than paper statements.
- You can further reduce paper waste by choosing to pay bills through Mobile and Online Banking with Bill Pay, or sending and receiving money through Popmoney.
- Additionally, we offer online mortgage applications, allowing customers to get prequalified in the comfort of their own home.
Starion mortgage banker named top 1% in nation
Starion Bank mortgage officer Kassy Landis was named to the Mortgage Executive Magazine’s Top 1% of Mortgage Originators in America list for the second consecutive year.
Mon. Mar 13 4:03 PM
Starion Bank donates to local charities, organizations
In 2016, Starion Bank donated nearly $1.02 million to local charities and organizations in the North Dakota and Wisconsin communities it serves.
Thu. Mar 09 4:03 PM
Starion Bank names Strebe president
Starion Bank has named Arnie Strebe president, with Craig Larson continuing in the roles of CEO and chairman of the board for the bank.
Tue. Mar 07 2:03 PM
Starion Bank hires Mothershead
Barbara Mothershead has joined Starion Bank as a business banking representative at the bank’s Rolla location. In this position, she will work with new and existing customers and provide sales and service support to the business banker.
Tue. Feb 21 3:02 PM
More News >>